|12 slices Culatello di Zibello PDO|
|1 1/3 cup ricotta, drained of excess liquid|
|2 tbs mix of finely chopped sage and rosemary|
|2 egg yolks|
|1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese|
|3 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup black olives, roughly chopped|
|1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped|
|bread croutons (optional)|
|2 cups lightly packed salad greens|
|salt and pepper|
Culatello di Zibello PDO lends a beautiful color to this recipe, which varies depending on the length of time it has been cooked in the oven. These ricotta pies can also be prepared as a no-cook recipe, where it will be ready in an hour straight from the fridge.
- Using a brush, grease the inside of 4 individual molds with butter. Line each mold with slices of Culatello di Zibello PDO and place them in the fridge.
- Combine the drained ricotta with the olives, walnuts and finely chopped sage and rosemary.
- Season the ricotta mix with salt and pepper, then blend in the egg yolks and the pecorino cheese.
- Fill the previously lined molds with the fluffy ricotta mixture. Cover well and place them back in the fridge.
- Take the molds out of the fridge after about 1 hour, remove the pies from the molds and serve on a bed of salad greens.
- Garnish with bread croutons.
Suggestions: if you would like to serve these ricotta pies warm, rather than placing them in the fridge for the last hour, cook them in their molds in the oven for 25 minutes at 360° F. Let cool slightly before removing the pies from their molds, serve warm.